> User guide > Introduction to Hi Korea
Introduction to Hi Korea
What is e-Government for Foreigners (Hi Korea)?
Hi Korea(http://www.hikorea.go.kr)is the main site of the electronic government for foreigners, jointly created by the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Knowledge Economy and the Ministry of Labor. It was created with the purpose of providing investment, employment, residence, and everyday living related information and services from a single source to foreigners visiting Korea.
Purpose of our service
- Provide information relating to immigration, investment, labor, and everyday living to foreigners living in Korea or those that plan on coming to Korea
- On-line electronic processing of various applications that are needed for residence and employment
Provide investment related services to potential foreign investors. For example, gathering information about potential local partners, recommending local firms to investors (and visa versa), and various consulting services
- Realization of electronic government for foreigners that allows them to enjoy same level of privileges and conveniences as a Korean national
2005. 03. Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, and Ministry of Labor jointly established Business Process Reengineering (BPR) and Information Strategy Planning (ISP) for foundation of general support service for foreigners.
- 2005. 12. Start building general support service (phase 1)
- 2006. 08. Phase 1 complete. Service operational
- 2007. 08. Start working on advancement and expansion of the current service (phase 2)
- 2008. 02. Phase 2 complete. Service operational
- Visa, status of stay and other immigration guides
- Information concerning everyday living. (Ex. Residential, transport, educational, medical, cultural, tourism information)
- Foreign investment information and consulting
- Foreigner recruitment permit guide
- Ministry of Justice-related applications
- Reserve appointment
- Re-entry permit
- Extension of stay (short-term visit)
- Extension of stay (registered foreigners)
- Extension of stay (departure of registered foreigners)
- Notification of changes in foreign employees/trainees
- Notification of employment and /or change in workplace (Working visit(H2) status holders)
- Ministry of Labor-related applications
- Apply for (re)issuance of foreign worker recruitment permit.
- Apply for extension of foreign worker recruitment permit.
- Notification of changes in recruitment
- Apply for issuance/change of special recruitment permit
- Notification of planned departure
- Employment application for foreigners
- Apply for change of workplace
Investment enhancement system
- Registration for potential investors / view domestic collaborate partners.
- Registration for domestic collaborate partners / view potential investors.
- Information matching and personalized search for potential investors and domestic partners.
- Plans for expansion of portal contents and e-Applications are already underway. Also, we plan to provide better accessibility of information for resident foreigners and related Koreans.